Wylands Carp Cup
If you’ve ever fancied pitting your Carp fishing skills against fellow anglers in a friendly social league then this is the thing for you.
Not only can you win cash prizes but it is a great way to meet other anglers, swap ideas and learn more about the lakes at Wylands.
Entry is £15 and is open to all anglers, whatever their skill level. It is a fantastic way to meet new people and pick up a few tips, so why not give it a go!
Carp Cup Dates
Carp Fishing League Rules and Regulations
- Normal Wylands rules apply—strictly barbless hooks only and unhooking mats a necessity. For a full list of rules please see the Wylands website
- Up to 2 rods only no pole fishing.
- £15 will be payable on the day.
- There will be 5 matches then a final, making 6 matches in total. all day sessions.
- The draw will take place at 7.30am. The match will start at 8.30am and finish at 3.30pm. In the event of the lakes being frozen or a selected date to be on a bank holiday an alternative date will be issued.
- All competitors must register 5 days in advance to fish the match. Please note advance booking is essential otherwise you will not be able to enter.
- Each match will be fished on the on duty bailiffs lake of choice
- The on duty bailiff’s decision will be final on all matters
- All monies and prizes will be under control of Wylands Angling Centre.
- The session will be started and finished by whistle at the appropriate time.
- All competitors must cease fishing at the finishing signal. Should he/she still be playing a fish hooked before the signal is given, he/she will be permitted no more than twenty minutes after time has been called to land the fish
- Competitors are responsible for ensuring that their pegs are clear of litter and no competitor may have his/her catch weighed in who has litter lying on the banks of his/ her swim.
- Keepnets will be provided by Wylands Angling Centre. The maximum weight per keepnet will be 50lb. Any keepnet weights between 61lb and 70lb will be counted as 50lb. Any keepnet weights over 70lb will be discounted
- Should, in the opinion of the Match official, any swim not be fishable he/she may permit the competitor to either move one swim either way or redraw. A competitor must lodge his appeal before the start of the match
- Anglers swims will be up to and including half the distance to the next angler. If in doubt please see the on duty bailiff
- Floating baits are not allowed under any circumstances and any baits must be at least 12 inches underneath the surface
- Only fish from the Cyprinus family will be counted ie only Common, Mirror, Leather, Koi and Ghost Carp.