The Wylands Carp League returns for a third season and is going from strength to strength.
If you’ve ever fancied pitting your Carp fishing skills against fellow anglers in a friendly social league then this is the thing for you.
Not only can you win cash prizes but it is a great way to meet other anglers, swap ideas and learn more about the lakes at Wylands.
Entry is £10 (plus the cost of your day ticket) and is open to all anglers, whatever their skill level. It is a fantastic way to meet new people and pick up a few tips, so why not give it a go!
The current league postions will be posted on our Facebook page so keep checking to see how you’re getting on.
Carp Fishing League Dates : Further details to follow
Carp Fishing League Points Scheme & Prizes
Overall prizes will be given for 1st to 4th place, plus largest fish of the league.
£6 per angler per match will be entered in to the prize fund. This will roll over until the end of the league where the prize money will be determined by the participant numbers
The largest fish of the session will be awarded an extra 4 bonus points, even if this is caught by the winner of the session.
If more anglers enter than the lake can hold, the competition will be split evenly over the appropriate number of lakes. The lakes will then be fished as individual competitions; 1st place on each lake will receive 20 points, 2nd place on each lake will receive 18 points etc…
If anglers blank, their position in the points scheme will be divided by the number of anglers that blank. ie if only 1 person catches, they receive 20 points. If 9 others blank, they are classed as joint 2nd, gaining 18 points divided amongst 9 people. 18 / 9 = 2 points each.
The final league will be worked out on the individual anglers best 5 match results.
Match prizes will be given for 1st and 2nd of the session. £3 of each match fee will be awarded to 1st place and £1 of each match fee will be given to 2nd place on the day.
The league will be updated on the Wylands International Angling Centre Facebook page, as well as on the dedicated page on the wylands.co.uk website.
Carp Fishing League Rules and Regulations
- Normal Wylands rules apply—strictly barbless hooks only and unhooking mats a necessity. For a full list of rules please see the Wylands website
- 2 rods only
- Only Carp rods are allowed—no poles or feeder rods
- Current season ticket holders wont be charged for the day ticket—£10 will be payable
- Day ticket anglers are more than welcome—£10 + the cost of the day ticket will be payable
- There will be a total of 10 matches, all day sessions.
- The match will start near dawn and end near dusk. The exact times will be determined by the on duty bailiff the week prior to the session and will be posted on the Wylands International Angling Centre Facebook page
- Matches will be held every 3 weeks. In the event of the lakes being frozen another date will be arranged at the end of the league
- All competitors must register at least 7 days in advance to fish the match
- Each match will be fished on the on duty bailiffs lake of choice
- The on duty bailiff’s decision will be final on all matters
- All monies and prizes will be under control of Wylands Angling Centre
- The session will be started and finished by whistle at the appropriate time
- All competitors must cease fishing at the finishing signal. Should he/she still be playing a fish hooked before the signal is given, he/she will be permitted no more than twenty minutes after time has been called to land the fish
- Competitors are responsible for ensuring that their pegs are clear of litter and no competitor may have his/her catch weighed in who has litter lying on the banks of his/ her swim
- Keepnets will be provided by Wylands Angling Centre. The maximum weight per keepnet will be 50lb. Any keepnet weights between 61lb and 70lb will be counted as 50lb. Any keepnet weights over 70lb will be discounted
- Should, in the opinion of the Match official, any swim not be fishable he/she may permit the competitor to either move one swim either way or redraw. A competitor must lodge his appeal before the start of the match
- Anglers swims will be up to and including half the distance to the next angler. If in doubt please see the on duty bailiff
- Floating baits are not allowed under any circumstances and any baits must be at least 12 inches underneath the surface
- Only fish from the Cyprinus family will be counted ie only Common, Mirror, Leather, Koi and Ghost Carp.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to a member of staff.